Compass Minerals Publishes 2020 ESG Report
Compass Minerals has released its 2020 ESG report, “Essential Sustainable Resilient.”
The report offers a detailed look at Compass Minerals’ progress around key environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues important to its stakeholders and the company’s long-term sustainability.
The structure and disclosures of the report align with leading sustainability reporting frameworks, including the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) Standards and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB). Compass Minerals also looked to the Task Force on Climate-related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to help inform its reporting.
The 2020 ESG report highlights progress in key ESG metrics, including:
- 13% decrease in freshwater intensity year-over-year
- 6% decrease in Scope 3 emissions year-over-year
- 16% year-over-year improvement in Total Case Incident Rate (TCIR)
- 20% decrease in employee turnover versus prior year
- Nearly $2M invested in employee training and development, up 13% year-over-year
- More than $350,000 donated through Compass Minerals Cares
Learn more about the company’s ESG priorities and progress by viewing its complete report here.