The Duluth plant was established in 1880 as Cutler-Gilbert-Pearson Company, a regional supplier of lumber and cement, which through acquisitions, eventually distributed salt and lime. In 2009, Compass Minerals acquired the salt business of the company.
From consumer deicing and water conditioning salt, to bulk deicing for highways and mineral blocks for livestock, the Duluth plant manages raw materials from our locations across the U.S. and Canada.
1120 West Railroad Street
Duluth, Minnesota 55802