At Compass Minerals, we place no priority higher than the health and safety of our employees, and the commitments we have made to our shareholders, customers and communities.
As COVID-19 prevention and mitigation strategies evolve, our company continues to monitor trends related to the spread of the virus, ready to take appropriate steps to protect our workforce and with business continuity protocols in place. Our cross-functional Crisis Management Team also stands ready to assess and respond to crisis risks as they arise.
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
Some of the proactive measures we implemented to help safeguard our employees from potential exposure and spread of COVID-19 include but are not limited to the following:
- Introduced a flexible work policy at our company headquarters and for certain support roles at operational sites;
- Staggered shift times and restricted crew sizes at operations during periods of higher risk to enable and encourage social distancing;
- Regular sanitation of offices and common areas within our facilities during periods of higher risks;
- Internal messaging to employees reinforcing the need to take precautionary health measures such as receiving the COVID-19 vaccine, protecting personal space, washing hands often and wiping down work surfaces; and
- Ongoing confidential support to employees for anxiety related to this, or other personal challenges, through our employee assistance program.
We continue to do everything we can to protect the health, safety and well-being of our employees while meeting our responsibilities as an essential business.
ENSURING BUSINESS CONTINUITY
Compass Minerals provides the raw and manufactured materials that support the transportation, pharmaceutical, agriculture, chemical, food, and animal nutrition industries. As a major producer and manufacturer of essential minerals critical to the safety and well-being of our communities, we are focused on our responsibility to maintain efficient, consistent production and reliable logistics capabilities.
Our company’s business continuity and incident response plans address each of our operational sites, while our leaders continually evaluate and implement the necessary actions to maintain operational discipline and meet customer needs during times of crisis. This adaptability helps us respond promptly to challenges as they arise.
Due to these efforts, our business has experienced limited operational impacts to date related to the COVID-19 global pandemic. We will continue to collaborate proactively with our workforce, customers, suppliers and logistics partners to prevent any material disruption to our production forecasts or distribution networks.