At Compass Minerals, we place no priority higher than the health and safety of our employees, and the commitments we have made to our shareholders, customers and communities.
Through the creation of a cross-functional Crisis Management Team, our company is closely monitoring developments related to the spread of COVID-19, taking appropriate steps to protect our workforce, and reviewing business continuity protocols already in place.
PROTECTING OUR EMPLOYEES
Some of the proactive measures we have taken to help safeguard our employees from potential exposure and spread of COVID-19 include but are not limited to the following:
- Enacted a temporary work-from-home policy at our company headquarters and for certain support roles at operational sites;
- Implemented staggered shift times and restricted crew sizes at operations to enable and encourage social distancing;
- Mandated a temporary prohibition of business-related commercial air travel, both domestic and international;
- Placed significant restrictions on outside visitation to both our operating sites and support offices, instead utilizing virtual meeting capabilities;
- Enacted heightened protocols around contractor loading and unloading on-site;
- Implemented increased professional sanitation of offices and common areas within our facilities organization-wide;
- Increased internal messaging to employees reinforcing the need to take precautionary health measures such as washing hands often and wiping down work surfaces; and
- Provided ongoing confidential support to employees for anxiety related to this, or other personal challenges, through our Employee Assistance Program.
We will continue to do everything we can to protect our employees while meeting our responsibilities as an essential business in this time of challenge.
ENSURING BUSINESS CONTINUITY
Compass Minerals provides the raw and manufactured materials that support the transportation, pharmaceutical, agriculture, chemical, food, and animal nutrition industries. As a major producer and manufacturer of essential minerals critical to the safety and wellbeing of our communities, we are focused on our responsibility to maintain efficient, consistent production and reliable logistics capabilities.
Our company’s business continuity and incident response plans address each of our operational sites, while our leaders continually evaluate and implement the necessary actions to maintain operational discipline and meet customer needs during times of crisis. This adaptability is helping us respond promptly to challenges as they arise.
Due to these efforts, our business has experienced limited impacts to date related to the COVID-19 global pandemic. We will continue to work proactively with our workforce, customers, suppliers and logistics partners to prevent any material disruption to our production forecasts or distribution networks.