The term “Compass Minerals” refers to the owner of this website, Compass Minerals International, Inc., a Delaware corporation, whose principal place of business is located at 9900 West 109th St., Suite 100, Overland Park, KS 66210. The term “User” refers to the user or viewer of this website.
- General Use of Information. The content of the pages of this website is for User’s general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. While Compass Minerals uses reasonable efforts to include accurate and up-to-date information on this website, neither Compass Minerals nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. User acknowledges that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and Compass Minerals expressly excludes liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law. In using this website, User agrees that the information and services are provided “as-is, as available” without warranty, express or implied, and that use of this site is at User’s own risk.
- Limitation of Liability. Compass Minerals shall not be liable for any damages or costs arising out of or in any way connected with User’s use of any of the services or companies accessed through this website. User further agrees that Compass Minerals and any other parties involved in creating and delivering this site’s contents have no liability for direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages with respect to the information, services, content, or advertisements contained on or otherwise accessed through this website.
- Use at Own Risk. User’s use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at its own risk, for which Compass Minerals shall not be liable. It shall be User’s responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet its specific requirements.
- Copyright Protection. All copyrights are owned by Compass Minerals. Compass Minerals hereby authorizes User to view, copy, download, and print Compass Minerals documents that are available on this website subject to the following conditions: 1.) The documents may be used solely for personal, noncommercial, and informational purposes. 2.) The documents may not be modified. 3.) The following copyright notice and permission must appear in each document: “Copyright ©2014 Compass Minerals International, Inc. All rights reserved.” 4.) Copyright, trademark, and other proprietary notices may not be removed. User may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the information, content, design, or layout of the Compass Minerals website, the individual elements of the website, or the Compass Minerals logos without the express written consent of Compass Minerals. Commercial use of Compass Minerals’ website materials, screen shots, or design elements and any copying, reproducing or redistributing for commercial purposes of any such materials, screen shots, or design elements on Compass Minerals’ website, is strictly prohibited without the express written consent of Compass Minerals. Compass Minerals reserves the right to refuse permission to copy, distribute, broadcast, or publish any of its copyrighted materials. By accessing any portion of the Compass Minerals website, you agree not to redistribute any information found therein.
- Improper Use and Penalties. User agrees not to use the website in any manner that interferes or disrupts Compass Minerals’ business or services, including this website. User agrees to use this website only for lawful purposes. User agrees not to take any action that might compromise the security of this website, render this website inaccessible to others or otherwise cause damage to this website or its contents. User agrees not to add to, subtract from, or otherwise modify the content of this website, or to attempt to access any content that is not intended for User. User agrees not to use this website in any manner that might interfere with the rights of third parties. Any unauthorized and/or illegal use of this website will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. In addition, any unauthorized and/or improper use of this website will subject User to civil damages and equitable remedies.
- Third-Party Links. Compass Minerals’ website may include links to other websites. The linked sites are not under the control of Compass Minerals. Compass Minerals is not responsible for the contents of any linked site, any link contained in a linked site, or any goods or services provided by such linked sites. Compass Minerals is providing these links only as a convenience, and the inclusion of a link does not imply endorsement of the linked site by Compass Minerals.
- Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy. Compass Minerals welcomes your comments on this website. However, Compass Minerals or any of its employees do not accept or consider unsolicited ideas, including ideas for new or improved products, technologies, services, processes, materials, or new product names. Please do not send your unsolicited ideas to Compass Minerals. If you do send unsolicited ideas, then, regardless of what your posting, email, letter, or other transmission may say, (1) your idea will automatically become the property of Compass Minerals, without any compensation to you; (2) Compass Minerals will have no obligation to return your idea to you or respond to you in any way; (3) Compass Minerals will have no obligation to keep your idea confidential; and (4) Compass Minerals may use your idea for any purpose whatsoever, including giving your idea to others.
- Links to Compass Minerals website. User may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Compass Minerals’ prior written consent.
- Applicable Law. User’s use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of the state of Kansas, without regard to conflict of law rules.
Compass Minerals International, Inc. (“Compass Minerals”) respects your online privacy, and has created this Privacy Statement and Policy in order to let you know of our commitment to safeguarding your personal information and protecting its confidentiality. You will not be required to identify yourself or reveal any personal information in the use of our site, however if you choose to provide personally identifiable information, we will collect only what is necessary to administer our business, and use it only to support your customer relationship with us.
To facilitate navigation, this site may contain links to other sites. We will make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy, however, we are not responsible for the content or the privacy practices employed by other sites.
- Basic Statement: Compass Minerals collects personal information from our visitors on a voluntary basis only. The individual information we collect is used only to facilitate the online experience through enhanced navigation or to suggest areas in which we may improve the structure and content of the site. We do not sell, rent or transmit personal information to other organizations.
- Cookie technology: Compass Minerals may employ “cookie” technology to help visitors move faster through the site. When you enter our site, a cookie is directed to your computer. A cookie is a string of information that is sent by a website and stored on the hard drive or temporarily in your computer’s memory. This leads to quicker navigation and a generally more positive experience searching for the information you desire.
- Collection and Use: Our web server tracks and collects general information about your visit to our website. These statistics are collected only to determine the number of daily visitors to our site, the daily requests for particular files, the types of browsers our visitors use, the visitors’ domain names, and countries of origin. This data helps us to customize our website to better meet your online needs.
Compass Minerals has no intention of collecting any personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under 13 should not submit personal information without the consent and guidance of a parent or legal guardian.
- Storage and Access: All personal information you provide to Compass Minerals is secured on our server with restricted access. We reserve the right to use agents, who are bound by strict confidentiality guidelines, to perform storage and processing functions. Only designated employees or agents who need to carry out legitimate business functions are permitted to view your personal data.
- Disclosure: Because Compass Minerals considers the individual information we maintain to be confidential, our policy is to disclose no personal information to third parties unless we believe in good faith that the release is required by law or is pertinent to judicial or government investigations or proceedings.
If you have any questions about the Compass Minerals Privacy Statement and Policy, or would like any personal information you have voluntarily submitted through this site to be modified or removed, please contact our customer service department. We reserve the right to change this Privacy Statement and Policy at any time, with or without notice.
[Last Updated: August 2014.]