We can get salt to you by rail, truck, barge or vessel, so when you need salt, Compass Minerals delivers.
Compass Minerals is North America’s leader for the production, sales and distribution of highway deicing products. Our superior distribution network and dedicated customer service team ensure that you get the product you need reliably and economically, no matter where you are located. We also have the expertise to make planning, storage and delivery much easier.
Partnering with Compass Minerals will ensure you have a successful snow removal program.
DriRox is a high performance deicing salt that every road maintenance program should have in its arsenal. Free-flowing and uniform in size, it delivers more effective and longer-lasting results because of lower moisture content than other solar salts.
Some salts have a moisture content of 2.0% or more, which can cause clumping, poor application, clogging and a variety of challenges. DriRox is kiln-dried solar salt with a moisture content less than 0.1%. This helps ensure:
- No freezing or clumping
- Better flow
- More effective application
- Faster acting than red salt
- Easier mix to create brine
For an effective deicing solution that doesn’t sacrifice performance look to QwikSalt® – fast-acting, long-lasting and free of impurities. QwikSalt® is the budget-smart choice for your winter roads.
For years, salt has been the most cost-effective option to keep roads clear during harsh winter conditions. QwikSalt is the top choice for many reasons:
- Over 99% pure sodium chloride
- Mixed with magnesium chloride to enhance performance and storage
- Blended with an anti-caking agent for optimal flowability
- QwikSalt stays on the road, reducing bounce and scatter
- Produced responsibly, using a solar evaporation process from the Great Salt Lake in Utah
Winsford Rock Salt
Compass Minerals U.K. extracts, crushes and screens rock salt from its Winsford mine.
Winsford rock salt is more than 90% pure sodium chloride, with the remaining insolubles consisting mainly of Keuper Marl, which is a layer of clay from the late Triassic or ‘Keuper’ period.
Keuper Marl has weathering properties, which give Winsford rock salt its unique ‘thatching’ effect, protecting the salt quality.
Marl also contributes to improved friction when salt is used as a highway deicer.
Thawrox is the industry's premier deicing product, combining the performance of liquid deicing technology with proven melting effects of rock salt.
Using Thawrox means lower labor and equipment maintenance costs — so deicing dollars go further than ever before. Quicker, longer and more effective performance using less salt.
- Reduces bounce and scatter – 95% stays in the targeted application area
- Good adhesion to roadway with continuing residual effects
- Reduces fuel and labor costs
- Works in cold temperatures (5˚F / -15˚C)
- Less wind-borne loss of finer salt